The scientific school “Scientific and practical foundations for the creation of an innovative technologies for wines and beverages” was founded by the professors of the Department Alexander Alexandrovich Preobrazhensky and Vladimir Alexandrovich Rusakov.
Among modern priority of the scientific directions of the Department, the following can be noted:
- development and improvement technology of table and fortified wines various categories (young, from grapes of domestic selection, special);
- improving the technology of champagne and sparkling wines;
- qualitative identification of wines from European and indigenous varieties of grapes growing in Ukraine, particularly in the Odessa, Mykolayiv, Kherson regions;
- development of methods for physico-chemical stabilization of wines by untraditional protein substances from vegetable raw materials and modern stabilizers;
- justification and development of technology for cryophractionation of wine materials;
- development and improvement of technology of beer, low-alcohol and non-alcoholic beverages;
- scientific and practical substantiation the technology of wines and beverages on the grape basis, fruit-berry and spicy-aromatic plant raw materials;
- development of innovative technologies for flavored wines and beverages;
- justification and development of innovative technologies for products, including beverages with functional properties, based on the secondary raw materials of winemaking;
- scientific substantiation of the heat treatment parameters, ensuring microbial resistance of wines and beverages.